Fearless Forecaster is starting his customary charge.
Saddled with an unsightly 32-17 record through the first three weeks, our picker rebounded somewhat last week with a 12-2 mark, as he’s now 44-17 on the season for 72 percent — still a far cry from his normal 80-percent standards.
One miss last week came in the area, where Little River continues to confound FF. The Redskins have had his number as coach Paul Dold keeps saying this a rebuilding year and FF picks against them, yet heading into the fifth week his team is 3-1.
The other pick was downright dumb as Sterling always seems to find a way to get the job done against Friends. Fearless is just too partial to the Falcons.
• AVCTL DIVISION III •
• McPherson 26, El Dorado 14 — This year’s game will be much closer than last year’s. MHS always seems to struggle in El Dorado.
• Buhler 69, Rose Hill 0 — The final margin will be how much Buhler coach Steve Warner wants to make it. This game is crying for running clock.
• Silver Lake 33, Winfield 12 — Silver Lake is a legendary football power.
• Augusta 27, Galena 13 – The Orioles could very well finish the year 8-1. The schedule is tissue-soft the rest of the way.
Last week — 2-1. Season 13-3.
• McPHERSON AREA •
• Inman 20, Moundridge 14 — The Wildcats probably will use this as bulletin board material. Greatest rivalry West of the Mississippi.
• Little River 38, Goessel 26 — Little River has burned FF too many times.
• Smoky Valley 12, Hillsboro 6 — The Vikings pick up their second win.
• Central Plains 46, Canton-Galva 0 —There’s a worry that the Eagles won’t be able to finish the year with their perilous dwindling numbers.
• Hesston 49, Haven 7 – Another easy one for the Swathers.
Last week — 5-1. Season — 16-7.
• KCAC •
• Kansas Wesleyan 55, McPherson College 14 — The Coyotes are paying back the teams that have beaten them the last few years.
• Saint Mary 34, Bethany 31 — Tough start for the Swedes under first-year coach Paul Hubbard.
• Tabor 31, Sterling 14 — Everybody in the know believes it’s the Bluejays’ title to lose.
• Friends 28, Southwestern 7 — Hard to believe it will be the fifth game of the season before the Falcons finally break through.
• Ottawa 35, Bethel 21 — Bethel is much improved, but the Braves have too many weapons.
Last week – 4-1. Season — 15-7.