This is the final chance for Fearless Forecaster to reach his coveted 80-percent mark.
Fearless inched yet another percentage point closer this past week by going 14-2 to improve the overall record to 95-25, which is 79 percent — so agonizingly close.
With the high schools ending the regular season tonight and Friday, Fearless needs to hit a home run as these will be his final picks.
His losses last week came in the KCAC, as he didn’t see Sterling upsetting Ottawa, while for a long time he had the Southwestern-Bethel game picked right, before the Threshers made a huge comeback to pull out the victory.
• AVCTL DIVISION III •
• McPherson 34, Hays 20 — Generally when two teams are out of it, the defenses tend to let down. The Bullpups found their passing game last week.
• Buhler 42, Abilene 28 — The Cowboys don’t have enough weapons to stay with the Crusaders in this district showdown of 8-0 teams.
• Augusta 35, Independence 14 – This is for the district championship and if Indy struggled to outlast Winfield, it will have trouble with the Orioles. 8-1 for Augusta, who would have thunk it?
• Andover Central 42, El Dorado 0 — Another long year for the Wildcats.
• Mulvane 36, Rose Hill 6 — The Rockets finish without a win.
Last week — 5-0. Season — 29-4.
• McPHERSON AREA •
• Sedgwick 41, Moundridge 14 — The Wildcats lost four, then won three, now will lose two.
• Medicine Lodge 30, Inman 20 — Big turnaround from last year’s meeting when the Teutons won by 40.
• Solomon 52, Little River 32 — Should be an offensive explosion.
• Ellinwood 49, Canton-Galva 28 — The Eagles hopefully will have more than nine healthy bodies next year.
• Hesston 21, Southeast of Saline 20 — Easily the best game of the night. The Swathers are home for the first round if they win.
• Smoky Valley 20, Chapman 12 — The Vikings are going to grab their third win of the season.
• Last Week — 6-0. Season — 37-8.
• KCAC •
• Tabor 62, McPherson College 7 — A lot of this game depends on how big of a heart Bluejay coach Mike Gardner has. He can name his score.
• Friends 21, Bethany 14 – A matchup of the two most disappointing teams in the KCAC this year.
• Sterling 35, Saint Mary 21 — Don’t look now, but the Warriors are rolling.
• Ottawa 28, Southwestern 7 — Very surprised the Braves stumbled last week.
• Kansas Wesleyan 48, Bethel 14 — The Coyotes stay hot on the heels of Tabor, but at some point need some help if they're to earn a share of the KCAC title.
Last Week — 3-2. Season – 29-13.