The Hesston Swathers now know where they’re going and who they’re going to play.
In a game Thursday where the only similarity was that both teams were 7-1, the Swathers overwhelmed Southeast of Saline 42-7 to win the Class 3A district title.
The Swathers will be home on Tuesday to play Garden Plain.
Zach Esau threw for 344 yards and five touchdowns to lead the rout, as Hesston led 21-0 at the half and methodically pulled away in the second half.
Zach Vogt caught two of the TD passes and had six catches for 117 yards. Also catching TDs were Scott Duerksen, Tanner Bachman and Levi Caffrey. Parker Roth added a TD run to close the scoring.
Hesston had 451 yards of total offense.
• Ellinwood 50, Canton-Galva 0 — The Eagles finished 1-8 as Ellinwood dominated from the start.
Reed Wiens was 10 of 19 for 114 yards to lead C-G, but the Eagles could rush for just 28 yards.
Travis Unruh had a big receiving night with seven catches for 80 yards.
Hopefully next year Canton-Galva will have more players, as it started the season with 12 and even had to forfeit a game in Week 8 when it got under seven healthy bodies.
• Solomon 46, Little River 0 — The Redskins finished 5-4 after losing to 8-1, playoff-bound Solomon.
The Gorillas ended the game at halftime, scoring 22 points in the first quarter and 24 in the second.
Little River was held to 40 yards of total offense as it rushed for 37 and threw for only 3.
• Sedgwick 44, Moundridge 7 — Sedgwick captured the district championship in convincing fashion.
The Wildcats ended Matt Cole’s first year with a 3-6 record. It lost its first four games, won three in a row before dropping the final two.
• Medicine Lodge 26, Inman 7 — Medicine Lodge avenged last year’s 48-8 loss.
The Teutons finished the season 1-8. They were really strong early in the season, losing several close games, but toward the end of the year the competition got much tougher.
• Smoky Valley plays tonight.