NORTH NEWTON — It was supposed to be a potential stumbling block for McPherson College’s nationally ranked tennis teams today.
But both Mac teams stormed to 9-0 victories over Bethel.
Only one doubles match was close for the 12h-ranked men and they had nothing but blowouts in singles in one of their most impressive performances of the year.
For the 21st-ranked Mac women, Bethel was their closest challenger last year, but it was all Bulldogs this time.
After three relatively competitive doubles matches, Mac scored basically nothing but easy victories in singles.
Both Mac teams are now 6-0 in KCAC and host Tabor on Wednesday.
• MEN •
• Singles •
1. JM Fajula Rodriguez (M) def. Chris Soosalv (B) 6-1, 6-2
2. Ahmed Lahlou (M) def. Davian Lightbourne (B) 6-0, 6-1
3. Hector Carrillo (M) def. Gabe Johnson (B) 6-1, 6-2
4. Hugo Ball-Greene (M) def. Jenson Kingsley (B) 6-0, 6-2
5. Juan Jimenez (M) def. Grant Bellar (B) 6-0, 6-0
6. Timo Hoelzmann (M) def. Connrick Roe (B) 6-0, 6-0
• Doubles •
1. JM Fajula Rodriguez/Hector Carrillo (M) def. Davian Lightbourne/Gabe Johnson (B) 8-1
2. Timo Hoelzmann/Kurt Burton (M) def. Chris Soosalv/Jenson Kingsley (B) 8-6
3. Ahmed Lahlou/Hugo Ball-Greene (M) def. Tyler Shima/Grant Bellar (B) 8-0
• WOMEN •
• Singles •
1. Nikki Vorhees (M) def. Rachel Herzog (B) 6-3, 6-3
2. Zoe Bouwmeester (M) def. Kim Buzbee (B) 6-4, 6-2
3. Lea Striegel (M) def. Breanne Rogers (B) 6-0, 6-1
4. Nikki Thornburg (M) def. Serena Wong (B) 6-1, 6-0
5. Deiah Curtis (M) def. Kelsey Jump (B) 6-0, 6-0
6. Madison Hoffman (M) def. Julie Baker (B) 6-0, 6-0
1. Zoe Bouwmeester/Lea Striegel (M) def. Rachel Herzog/Kim Buzbee (B) 8-4
2. Nikki Vorhees/Deiah Curtis (MCPHW) def. Rachel Shogren/Breanne Rogers (B) 8-4
3. Nikki Thornburg/Nadine Baquiran (M) def. Steph Brown/Serena Wong (B) 8-2