LINDSBORG – Bethany College men’s soccer coach Shane Taylor continues to keep up with the other KCAC powers in recruiting.
Taylor today announced the addition of five new players for the 2016 season, four of them from Texas.
They are Warren Lindstrom, Fort Worth, Texas; Sean Segelke, Odessa, Texas; Erdi Mucllari, Tirone, Albania; John Bessent, Joshua, Texas; and Abraham Anguiano, Carrollton, Texas.
• Lindstrom, a forward from Richland High School, was a three-sport athlete playing football, basketball and soccer. He was a three-year starter in soccer and was named honorable mention All-District. He was also a part of the PALS, peer assisted learning student, program.
"Warren's ability to play forward or as an attacking midfielder enables him to help us at a number of spots on the field,” Taylor said. “He caught our eye this spring and we are very excited to have him joining our program. He is physically strong and will be well suited to the college game.”
Lindstrom is the son of Eric and Joleen Lindstrom. He has a 3.2 grade point average and will study business administration.
• Segelke, who played soccer at Permian High School, is a 6-1 center back. He was honorable mention and also second-team All-District in consecutive seasons.
"We look to Sean to help us at the center-back position,” Taylor said. “He is a physical presence on the field which will help him step in and compete at the college level. Sean has good size and good experience. We are extremely happy to have him joining us.”
Segelke is the son of Alicia Coggins. He has a 3.12 grade point average and will be in the athletic training program at Bethany.
• Mucllari was a left winger for his teams in Albania. In 2012 he was named his team’s MVP and then he was the leading scorer on the team in 2014.
"We are very excited to have Erdi joining our team this fall,” Taylor said. “He is skilled attacker with a physical presence and will most certainly add strength to our attack. We are looking forward to working with Erdi and ecstatic he is now a Swede.”
Mucllari is the son of Vladimir and Etlera Mucllari. He has a 3.3 grade point average and plans to study finance while at Bethany.
• Bessent played at Joshua High School in Texas. He was a player who played on all three levels of the field. Bessent was also the kicker on the varsity football team for his high school.
"John is a versatile, quick and experienced attacking player,” Taylor said. “We are extremely excited he is joining our college and program. We have overhauled our attack this year and John is one of those players that is coming in to bolster our offense, we are happy to have him on the team."
Bessent is the son of Ana and Kelsey Bessent. He plans on studying psychology.
• Anguiano is a forward out of Newman Smith High School in Carrollton, Texas. He played with Kicks, Pumas Fc where they were a State Cup Finalist and the Copa Rayados Winner, Solar, Ayses.
"Abraham is a strong player and we are excited to have him joining our team,” Taylor said. “He has solid club and high school experience that will help him transition to the college game. An excellent defender who has the ability to attack, we are happy to have him on our side.”
Anguiano is the son of Hugo Anguiano and Nidia Raquel Ruiz. He has a 3.2 grade point average and will major in chemistry.
• Tony Stennett, Bethany College Sports Information Director, contributed to this report.