BURRTON — Smoky Valley’s volleyball team went 5-0 on Saturday to take first place in the Burrton Invitational, winning each match in a dominating two sets.
The Vikings’ Rilee Carson, Kate Deterding and Halle McClure were all named to the All-Tournament Team.
• Smoky Valley defeated Sterling, 25-9, 25-17. Deterding and Haley Peterson had 9 and 7 kills, respectively. Deterding led in digs with 6, while Delany Johnson had all 21 of the Vikings’ assists.
• Smoky Valley blew out Pratt Skyline, 25-6, 25-10. Peterson was tops in kills with 11, Carson and Deterding were headliners in digs with 5 apiece and Johnson again led in assists with 21.
• Smoky Valley handled Cunningham, 25-17, 25-18. Peterson and Deterding shared the kills lead with 10 apiece. Carson came up with 15 digs and Johnson notched 25 assists.
• Smoky Valley outlasted Inman, 25-22, 25-12. Peterson’s 7 kills led the way, one more than McClure. Carson compiled 6 digs, one more than McClure. Johnson had all 21 assists.
• Berean Academy was no match for the Vikings as Smoky Valley roared to 25-11, 25-12 decisions. McClure’s 8 kills led the way, one more than Deterding. Carson led in digs with 7 and Johnson had all 24 assists.