The theme for the 104th Annual All Schools celebration is: “In Our Hometown”
The first function of the planning committee, after setting a theme is soliciting designs for the 2017 ASD button contest, now under way.
The ASD button contest is open to all area residents and entries must be submitted to the ASD Committee at the McPherson Chamber of Commerce by February 7, 2016 at 5:00 pm.
Designers should keep the theme in mind while creating their design. A cash prize of $200 will be awarded to the creator of the winning design, which will be reproduced on the official 2016 All Schools Day button and other promotional materials. The buttons are sold to support many of the activities of the week-long event.
The design specifications are as follows:
· Design must be no larger than 11 inches in diameter. (Note: the winning entry will be reduced to fit on a button that is approximately 2 inches in diameter.)
· This year there is no limit on the number of colors to be used in the design.
· All artwork must be original. Original computer-generated graphics are allowed. However, the use of clip art is prohibited.
· Design must be camera-ready.
· A brief description of your design will be permitted, though it is not necessary. The design itself should explain the theme.
· Multiple entries by individuals are allowed.
· Design must in include:
ü The theme (in words) – In Our Hometown
ü The words: McPHERSON COUNTY ALL SCHOOLS DAY
ü The Year: 2017
ü Your signature(s)
Entry forms are available at the McPherson Chamber of Commerce, 306 N. Main in downtown McPherson or online at www.allschoolsday.com.
Entries will be judged by the executive committee and buttons will be available in early April throughout the county.
Organizations in the county planning to hold events during the ASD festival should contact the 2017 General Chairperson, Anne Hassler Heidel at 620-241-1001.