HILLSBORO — The showdown is now set.
McPherson College’s men’s tennis team, after defeating Tabor 9-0 on Thursday, goes to Lindsborg on Saturday for the showdown of all showdowns by taking on Bethany, with both teams being 5-0 in the KCAC. Bethany has had Mac’s number during the regular season, but Mac has prevailed recently in the postseason tournament.
The Bulldogs have yet to drop a match in conference play. The big match with the Swedes takes place at 11 a.m.
• Singles •
1. Joan-Marc Fajula (M) def. Illia Filanchuk (T) 6-3, 7-5
2. Ahmed Lahlou (M) def. Angel Miguel (T) 6-1, 6-2
3. Hector Carrillo (M) def. Jaime Sanchez (T) 6-1, 6-0
4. Nicolas Wahl (M) def. Francisco Gallinal (T) 6-0, 6-0
5. J.Alejandro Jimenez (M) def. Jeff Pritchard (T) 6-0, 6-0
6. Timo Hoelzmann (M) def. No player (T), by forfeit
• Doubles •
1. Nicolas Wahl/Ahmed Lahlou (M) def. Illia Filanchuk/Jaime Sanchez (T) 8-1
2. J.Alejandro Jimenez/Timo Hoelzmann (M) def. Angel Miguel/Francisco Gallinal (T) 9-7
3. Joan-Marc Fajula/Hector Carrillo (M) def. No player/No player (T), by forfeit