OTTAWA — For the first time in KCAC tennis play this season, an opponent scored a point on McPherson College’s 22nd-ranked men.
But just one.
The Bulldogs scored an 8-1 decision over Ottawa on Wednesday to move to 6-0 in the KCAC and clinch a berth in the postseason tournament. They are 7-3 overall.
The Bulldogs can improve to 7-0 in the conference with a win today over Kansas Wesleyan at the McPherson High Tennis Complex. Wesleyan should provide the Bulldogs a good test as they have just one loss in KCAC play.
• Singles •
1. Ahmed Lahlou (MCPH) def. Mekasha Tadious (OTT) 6-2, 6-0
2. Hector Carrillo (MCPH) def. Joshua Hache (OTT) 6-3, 6-3
3. Nicolas Wahl (MCPH) def. Raj Selvaraj (OTT) 6-3, 6-1
4. J.Alejandro Jimenez (MCPH) def. Virgil Reed (OTT) 6-1, 6-2
5. Timo Hoelzmann (MCPH) def. Brandon Edwards (OTT) 6-3, 6-4
6. Bobby Vo (OTT) def. Paul Weidinger (MCPH) 6-3, 6-2
• Doubles •
1. Ahmed Lahlou/Nicolas Wahl (MCPH) def. Joshua Hache/Mekasha Tadious (OTT) 8-2
2. Timo Hoelzmann/J.Alejandro Jimenez (MCPH) def. Raj Selvaraj/Brandon Edwards (OTT) 8-2
3. Hector Carrillo/Paul Weidinger (MCPH) def. Virgil Reed/Bobby Vo (OTT) 8-2