The McPherson College men's tennis team started the conference season right here Saturday with a 9-0 rout of Tabor College.
In doubles, the Bulldogs opened up with a 3-0 lead. The top duo of Rafael Bulnes and Joan-Marc Fajula Rodriguez got the 'Dogs rolling with their quick 8-2 win. Connor Schafer and Jaime Roman (Santa Ana, Calif.) followed suit with their win at No. 3 doubles 8-3, and Mark Mahan and Allen Darmawan finished up the sweep of the doubles points with their 8-4 victory at No. 2.
In singles, Fajula-Rodriguez took care of his opponent 6-0, 6-2 while Darmawan dominated his opponent 6-0, 6-0. Bulnes got the win for McPherson as he wrapped up his opponent 6-3, 6-1.
The Bulldogs are hosting nationally ranked Bethany College today at 3 p.m. at the McPherson High Tennis Complex.
McPherson College 9, Tabor College 0
1) Rafael Bulnes (Mac) def. Kelyn Vix (TC) 6-3, 6-1
2) Joan-Marc Fajula (Mac) def. Tyler Dort (TC) 6-0, 6-2
3) Mark Mahan (Mac) def. Luis Navarrete (TC) 6-1, 7-6
4) Allan Darmawan (Mac) def. Harry Faber (TC) 6-0, 6-0
5) Jaime Roman (Mac) def. Darian Flores (TC) 6-0, 6-0
6) Jordan Stewart (Mac) def. Jared Friesen (TC) 6-4, 6-2
1) Bulnes/Fajula (Mac) def. Vix/Dort (TC) 8-2
2) Mahan/Darmawan (Mac) def. Faber/Navarrete (TC) 8-4
3) Connor Schafer/Roman (Mac) def. Flores/Friesen (TC) 8-3