DERBY — The McPherson U-14 Lady Express captured second place this past weekend in the third annual Xtreme Showdown Softball Tournament.
During pool play, each team chose a player from the opposing team as the Most Valuable Player.
• McPherson 7, Xtreme 5 — Kenzie Goering was the winning pitcher, while catcher Brooke Miller was honored as the game MVP.
• McPherson 7, Iron Maidens 1 — Goering again pitched and her performance earned her the MVP honor.
• McPherson 6, GC Envy 0 — The Envy was envious of McPherson pitcher Addie Fitzmorris, who unfurled nothing but zeroes to pick up the win.
• McPherson 8 GC Envy 1 — The rematch wasn’t any better for the Envy. Goering was nails on the mound for the win.
• McPherson 11, Iron Maidens 4 — Goering continued her yeoman work on the mound for the win.
• Xtreme 4, McPherson 3 — The teams made their way to the finals, with the Xtreme avenging their first-game loss. Goering took the loss.