The Canton-Galva Eagles didn’t win on Friday.
They also didn’t lose. Or tie.
The Eagles and Solomon were in the second quarter in Canton when a transformer blew with C-G up 26-16.
C-G coach Jeff Savage said it was disappointing, because the Eagles’ hurry-up offense had the Solomon defense scrambling. Now the Gorilla coaching staff has time to game plan and make adjustments, not to mention Savage said Solomon was tiring and on the ropes.
The game will be resumed at 2 p.m. today.
• Central Plains 22, Little River 6 — The Redskins did something nobody else had done against the Oilers this year.
No, not win. But take them the complete four quarters.
Little River’s defense was terrific, but Central Plains’ was even better as Grant Harvey’s touchdown run was the Redskins’ only tally.
The loss dropped Little River to 3-3.
• Moundridge 26, Medicine Lodge 7 — After four losses to open the season, district play has been a revelation for the Wildcats.
Moundridge is now 2-0 in the district after its best effort of the year.
MHS coach Courtney Moddelmog said the Wildcats’ ground game was punishing as DeShawn Pfeiff ran for 102 yards, while Joel Holloway and Damian Calderon added 100 apiece.
• Sacred Heart 24, Inman 7 — For the sixth straight game, the Teutons scored just one touchdown, though their defense fought the good fight.
Inman trailed only 10-7 at the half, with Ty Strange’s 50-yard touchdown accounting for the points on the board.
• Hoisington 33, Smoky Valley 12 — The Vikings are now at the .500 mark for the year at 3-3 after they couldn’t slow down a strong, once-beaten Hoisington team.
No game details are available.
• Hesston 49, Pratt 39 — The Swathers are now 6-0 after outscoring Pratt in what turned into a shootout.
No game details were available.