McPherson College’s men’s tennis team took apart Barton County here Tuesday, 9-0.
Nine different Bulldogs took the court and they combined to lose just three sets.
"We were very sound today in doubles and in singles," Mac coach Justin Stuckey said. "It was good to see how some guys were able to win after holding the lead throughout while others had to overcome adversity and fight back to win their matches."
The next set of matches for Mac will be on their Missouri Spring Break trip. The 'Dogs are slated to play four matches in four days starting with NCAA D-II Rockhurst University in Kansas City on Saturday.
1) Ahmad Lahlou (Mac) def. Martinez (BCCC) 6-4, 6-0
2) Hector Corrillo (Mac) def. Schueler (BCCC) 3-6, 7-5, 10-7
3) Hugo Ball-Greene (Mac) def. Fabiano (BCCC) 6-0, 6-1
4) Allen Darmawan (Mac) def. Rochat (BCCC) 6-7, 7-4, 6-1
5) Puneet Dave (Mac) def. Carey (BCCC) 6-1, 6-3
6) Pedro Ribes (Mac) def. Jones (BCCC) 2-6, 6-0, 6-2
1) Lahlou/Fajula-Rodriguez (Mac) def. Martinez/Schueler (BCCC) 8-3
2) Ball-Greene/Roman (Mac) def. Fabiano/Rochat (BCCC) 8-3
3) Darmawan/Garcia (Mac) def. Carey/Jones (BCCC) 8-4
• MAC WOMEN 8, BARTON 1 — The Mac women had little trouble for their first win of the year.
"I was very pleased with how the women played today," Stuckey said. "We played really well as a team. I thought we did a good job on playing high percentage tennis and giving ourselves a good opportunity on every court to win the match."
The Bulldogs are at Fort Hays State today.
1) Sanz (BCCC) def. Nikki Vorhees (Mac) 6-1, 6-0
2) Brooke Vorhees (Mac) def. Codognotti (BCCC) 6-2, 2-1
3) Nadine Baquiran (Mac) def. Beck (BCCC) 6-0, 6-1
4) Brittany Gourlay (Mac) def. Brauer (BCCC) 6-0, 6-0
5) Claire Crossman (Mac) def. Langer (BCCC) 6-1, 6-0
6) Chandler Short (Mac) def. Brining (BCCC) 6-3, 6-4
1) B. Vorhees/N. Vorhees (Mac) def. Sanz/Codognotti (BCCC) 8-5
2) Baquiran/Gourlay (Mac) def. Beck/Brauer (BCCC) 8-0
3) Crossman/Short (Mac) def. Langer/Brining (BCCC) 8-5