Friday night and Saturday morning in McPherson several cars were broken into & unfortunately, some were stolen.
McPherson Kansas Police Department reminds everyone to take precautions to protect your property from theft or damage.
Do the following to deter thieves:
• LOCK your vehicle & REMOVE your keys.
• REMOVE valuables including purses, loose change, chargers —and ESPECIALLY weapons!
• KNOW your neighborhood & pay attention to the unexpected.
• LOCK the doors & windows on your house. Even during the day when you are home, or only leave for a few minutes. The best lock won’t work if you don’t use it.
• SECURE garage & patio doors with padlocks or bars in the tracks.
• Consider using motion-sensor/photoelectric LIGHTS or a SURVEILLANCE system outside your home.
• Leave your home so it looks occupied. Set auto-timers on lights, TVs, & radios when you’ll be away from home for a while.
Also, REPORT suspicious activity...
First, in an emergency call McPherson County 911
Second, consider calling McPherson County Crime Stoppers
Third, consider creating a WITNESS account (www.witnessnetworkapp.com)
Sign up is FREE and the software allows you to digitally log incidents (including photos & video) of suspicious activity or crime, & then share it via the WITNESS social network