McPherson High boys basketball coach Kurt Kinnamon has announced the dates for the Bullpup Summer Basketball Camps, which are for both boys and girls.
Camps are scheduled for June 1-4 and June 29-July 2 at McPherson High School, with both the Roundhouse and Auxiliary Gym being used.
This is Kinnamon’s 29th year of conducting camps. He has served at KU, Indiana and North Carolina camps throughout the years. He has coached at McPherson High for 20 years, winning 405 games while losing only 70. He has coached six teams to state championships, including back-to-back titles the last two years.
The camp philosophy:
• Campers must have fun and be taught by people who love the game of basketball.
• Fundamentals must be taught properly, including the use of a shorter goal for younger players.
• The campers must come away with the feeling that they have improved and have been shown and taught ways to improve on their own.
• Talks and instruction by current and former Bullpup players.
• Fundamental skill stations.
• 8-foot goals for younger players.
• Use of “Gus” the shooting machine.
• Boys grades K-2 and Girls K-1 — 8:30-9:30 a.m. (McPherson girls, except K and 1, may only attend second session).
• Boys grades 3-5 and Girls 4-6 — 9:30 to 10:45 a.m.
• Boys grades 6-8 and Girls 7-8 — 10:45 a.m. to noon.
• One session — 1 camper, $55; 2 campers, $80; 3 campers, $100.
• Two sessions – 1 camper, $80; 2 campers, $110; 3 campers, $125.
Information is being distributed at all the schools this week. For more information, contact Kinnamon at 620-755-4646.