The McPherson Lady Express 13s 14U softball team is now 9-8 after a recent spate of games that covered two weekends.
Here are the games that have been reported, some from this past weekend and others from the weekend before.
• AC Angelz 5, Lady Express 0 — McPherson was held to one hit, a single by Taylor Bruce. Addie Fitzmorris and Haley Miller took care of the pitching duties.
• Express 8, Hutch Outlaws 0 — Fitzmorris threw a one-hitter, fanning four. Miller and Jayci Mastre had two hits apiece. Fitzmorris and Katelyn Guffey drove in three runs each.
• Emporia Energy 6, Express 3 — McPherson appeared to be on its way to a win when the Energy scored five runs in its final at-bat. Bruce and Mastre had the only Mac hits. Fitzmorris struck out seven and all the runs she allowed were unearned.
• Ashock 8, Express 5 — Miller, Mastre and Taylor Casebeer had the McPherson hits. Fitzmorris took the loss.
• Express 3, Emporia Energy 2 — A McPherson run in the fifth inning proved to be the difference. Miller, Fitzmorris, Sandra White and Haley Schafer had hits. Fitzmorris picked up the win.
• Lady Express 4, Crowley Tigerettes 3 — Miller had two hits and Emily Smith knocked in two runs to pace McPherson to the win. Fitzmorris pitched a one-hitter.
• Wichita Wave 19, Express 5 — A 12-run wave of runs propelled the Wichita team to the victory. Bruce picked up two hits to lead the Express.