The McPherson High football program was the big winner Saturday during its four-person scramble golf fund-raiser at Turkey Creek.
A whopping 25 teams — 100 golfers – took part and those teams that placed graciously donated their prize money back to the football program. A final total of funds raised is not yet available.
Sponors of the event were Piping Technology Company, Home State Bank and Trust and the Bradbury Corporation.
The winning team, ironically was the Bullpup coaches team of Scott Davis, Dave Goerzen, Matt Sandbo and Treg Fawl, as they combined for a 19-under-par 51.
A shot back was the team of Kaden Warren, Kenan Warren, Luke Aichele and Lane Hensley. Third went to Troy Short, Kurt Kinnamon, Cliff Hawkes and Steve Sell, who came in at 16-under.
In the other flight, first with a 60 was the team of Terry Williams, Rich Gregwire, Taylor Krier and George Edmonson. Second was the team of Doug Cutting, Ryne Davison, Bryan Weiser and Leland DeWild. Taking third was the team of Ryan Jilka, Bob Allen, Chris Allen and Steve Lies. Those latter two teams tied with 61s, with a scorecard playoff determining the winner.
Winning specialty prizes were:
• No. 2 closest to the pin (sponsored by DBI) — Ryan McNally
• No. 3 “most impressive shot” (McPherson football) — Pat Corcoran
• No. 6 closest to the pin (Freddy’s) — Chet Buchman
• No. 9 longest drive (Central States Marketing) — Lane Hensley
• No. 10 closest in two shots (Premier Casting and Services) — Steve Sell
• No. 12 closest to the pin (Comfort Plus) — Eric VanCampen
• No. 16 longest putt (Wendy’s) — Joe Harkins
• No. 18 longest drive (Midway Motors) — Treg Fawl